I got rid of my first DWC/Media Bed system built back in March of 2017 and replaced it with an IBC chop and flip system.
Here are a few takeaways from 2017’s trials:
- Untreated wood does not last outdoors especially in tropical stormy environments
- Air circulation is vital in Manila due to high humidity
- Need morning sun or at least 8hours of continuous lighting
- Need stronger knowledge to pest management
- Fanfare lettuce and Lolo Rosas seem to be the only 2 varieties that grow well in Manila
- Miners are everywhere!
- Where do all the snails come from????
- Basil love media beds