I got rid of my first DWC/Media Bed system built back in March of 2017 and replaced it with an IBC chop and flip system. Here are a few takeaways

Share

More please…

Share

I built my first low budget vertical structure for the microgreens. I used: (8) 3M 1/2″ pvc pipes (20) Ts (4) 45 elbows (6) T5 lights at 600Watts/tube (1) Power

Share

Restructuring: Added 2 concrete DWC Added 2 IBC fishtanks Moved Media bed in place of the the RSF and FST Replumbed the system Cloning basil instead of starting from seed

Share

Materials: (6) 3/4 elbows (3) 3/4 uniseals (3) Food grade 3 gal. buckets 1/2″ pvc pipe 3/4″ pvc pipe 1/2″ elbow 1/2″ end cap 1/2″ hose 1/4″ drip line (3)

Share

I’m not about to abandon Aquaponics for Hydro, but I thought it would be useful to know a thing or two about it with some hands-on experiments. I’ve been going

Share

It’s been almost a month of cycling and the water’s ph finally dropped to a 7.2ppm reading.  Nitrates is at 80ppm, Nitrite 0, Ammonia 0. I’m looking into purchasing a reverse

Share

We are running into a few obstacles and technical glitches in the Taguig location, mainly LEAKS. If air can pass through, so can water. 🙁 After finishing the plumbing, I

Share

Lot no. 2 This set up follows Green Acres’s Long Hybrid model. It has: (1) DWC: 54″ x 97.5″ possible for +1 raft (1) Media Bed 54″ x 48″ (1) 150gal

Share

Here’s to my first ever aquaponics backyard kit. First of the many systems I hope to build in the future. I wish I had a picture of all the parts

Share